We all want to be happy, who would actively seek out ways to be sad! But being happy is a skill we have to cultivate. It’s a perspective, an attitude and it’s something I am constantly working on. I found a list of the 9 common traits of happy people. While there are many lists out there for perfecting all parts of ourselves, these traits resonated with me. Maybe they will with you too.
1. Love Themselves For Who They Are. They are people who they are truly comfortable in their own shoes.
2. See Relationships As An Extension To, Rather Than The Basis Of The Human Experience
3. Embrace Change
4. Celebrate Rather Than Compare Themselves To The Accomplishments Of Others
5. Never Dwell In Being A Victim
6. They Live In The Present
7. Trust That Everything Happens For A Reason
8. They Don’t Let Money Dictate Their Lives
9. Look Within For Solutions
I love this list and am working hard to incorporate more of these traits into my own life ( especially number 3!) I am also working on encouraging my children to embrace these traits. It’s not about walking around ignoring reality and it’s not about taking everything bad and saying its good. It is about living in the world we live in and being in it. Here now and today.
If you want to read the rest of the article here’s the link: